Monday, January 19, 2009

Six O'clock and a Half


About an hour after I was back at the hotel after my visit with my little Compassion girl, my room phone rang. It was the front desk telling me something about dinner but I really couldn't understand them. So I went down to the desk ... and still couldn't understand them. But they said someone would call me in 5 minutes.


Sure enough, someone did call in 5 minutes. I didn't know who they were and they never said their name. They just kept saying dinner and "six o'clock and a half." Well, I'm always up for a good surprise.


So I come down to the lobby at 6:30 and guess who showed up ... all of the Compassion staff and their families. They took me to a great barbeque type place where you cook your own food at your table. We had a great time in spite of the fact that we couldn't speak each others' languages.

No comments: