Sunday, April 5, 2009

Vietnam Visit






I spent the most amazing week in Vietnam visiting students of mine from years ago! This first picture is of Hein, one of my very first students in 1995. She became our language tutor and continues to both teach and tutor in Vietnam. Both of her children speak English very well. We went together to the countryside where both she and her husband were raised. We attended a wedding reception and then had a long nap in a very old-style Vietnamese home with writing on the rafters. I felt like I had gone back in time several hundred years.











The next photo is of Phuong and her soon to come little baby. I met Phoung in 1997 in Hanoi. She and her husband have actually been able to visit me in Los Angeles not too many months ago.













In the final photo, you can see the whole group of us. You'll notice the small Vietnamese lady in the photo holding her son. That's Little Lan. She had prepared this delicious meal for us in her home. She and I are definitely sisters, sharing love and truth together across the miles.






I was so blessed to spend time in Vietnam again!

No comments: