Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm home!

Hello Everyone! I'm so sorry that I didn't blog earlier that I'm home in the States. In light of all that is happening in India, many of you were wondering if I made it home safely. I sure did, several days before the terror there started. I know my mom is sure thankful I'm home! :)


India was wonderful. I was in a city called Luck now which is southeast of Delhi. We had an amazing time speaking to so many groups of people and teaching English each afternoon. We talked to over 1300 people throughout the 2 weeks. We were exhausted but so happy to be playing such an integral part of the work there. The Indian team will follow up with all we connected with. We felt like a catalyst to take their ministry to the next level. We sure did attract enough attention. Lucknow has almost no foreigners so my light colored hair made me a celebrity. You know I loved that :)
Here's a picture of my own little class. Yep, even the kids were a part of my class, although the little boy tended to wander around sometimes. He was super smart at English, though, and would grin from ear to ear when I told him, "Good job!" Then he would say, "Tammymam, you told me 14 times today "good job." So cute! The women really wear the sari or punjabi outfits all the time. So they are always so colorful. What I have on in the picture is a punjabi suit. It has pants underneat and is like a long tunic. The saris are 5 meters of cloth wrapped around you just right. The food was delicious. I think they toned down the spices for us. Our team worked well together and it was amazing to see how God had each of us designed for specific roles. My role was to do 3 hours of lesson plans for us each night and then teach the rest of the team the lesson plans and how to teach them each morning. I loved it! We each gave our testimony to hundreds of people. We did those speaking engagements in the mornings and in the evenings, teaching English in the afternoons. Like I said, we were kept busy but we didn't mind at all!
Overall, I had three incredible months of travel and work. I am so thankful that God had His hand upon me and took care of me each step of the way. It is good to be home, but I'm already preparing for my next trip ... to Thailand! More on that to come :)

1 comment:

Michelle Koenig said...

Tammy - It's good to have you back in the USA. Are you in IL or CA?