Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia



I'm afraid I haven't had easy access to a computer for a while. In fact, today and tomorrow are my last days to be near a computer until I get back from India. Let me catch you up on all that's happened since last time I wrote:




Hong Kong was wonderful. There was a big ELIC dinner on Saturday with a record attendance. You know I love talking with strangers so I had a great time!


Then I flew to Singapore. Wow, what a great city. I was on the 19th floor of a hotel right downtown. From my window, I could even see as far as Indonesia! The Indian holiday of Deepavali was in full swing when we got here. This is a picture of some Indian girls who were performing at a high class country club where we were eating dinner (thanks to a generous donor who hosted us).
The ELIC President and his wife and 2 VPs were all in Singapore as well and we crammed in a dozen meetings into about 3 days.




On the last evening they were here, I found myself with some unexpected tears. As I was saying goodbye to my ELIC friends, I was also saying goodbye to my long career with ELIC. Here's a pic of our crew on that last evening ... before the tears :)




The next day I was fine and back to meetings. I wasn't actually officially unemployed until November 1st and I worked right up until the end meeting great people in Singapore.




On November 2nd, my first day of unemployment, I did what anyone would do ... if they could. I took a ferry for about an hour to Indonesia. There I stayed at a resort for 2 nights. Amazing! The ocean was so clear and warm. The food was delicious. And God gave me the best room in the resort with an amazing view of the ocean. It was just what I had hoped it would be. What a great way to usher in a time of unemployment (and thankfully, it was relatively cheap too!)




Now I'm in Singapore for 2 days with old friends from Wheaton. Tomorrow I hop on a plane to India. The time has flown by and I can't believe I've been away from America for well over 2 months.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Tammy, what a ride it has been for you! God has blessed you tremendously on this journey. What you have done in about 4 months would take someone 2 plus life times to accomplish. God bless you on your journey home. Thanks for sharing this.
Tommy