Thursday, September 25, 2008

Christchurch Day 2 & 3


I'm staying with the parents of one of my recruits from New Zealand. Tony and Robyn Posthuma are in the business of spoiling their visitors! I'm in a great room, being fed wonderful meals, and being shown this amazing island. On Tuesday, Robyn took me for a hike along the Port Hills. From there we could see the entire city of Christchurch as well as Lyttelton Harbor where the first settlers of New Zealand landed (at least for the South Island).

The next day, we picked up Lucrecia, a friend of the family who just arrived home from 8 months taking care of orphans in Uganda. She told us some amazing stories as we drove about 2 hours to Arthur's Pass. The streams were all swollen with winter free to run away now (if you can tell me who I'm quoting, extra bonus points for you). The waterfalls were amazing. We also went climbing among some uniquely shaped rocks at Castle Hill. From there we could see the field where the battle scenes for Narnia were filmed.

No comments: